Programme Code : L201
Medium of instructions : Malay and English
DIJAP is a postgraduate diploma aimed to produce graduates with advanced knowledge in judicial and advocatory practice in the Shariah practice in Malaysia. This is a programme that meets the specific demand of judicial and advocatory knowledge and skills in the Shariah legal profession. The students are expected to apply the knowledge in law and shariah which they have acquired during undergraduates in analysing issues and practice of shariah in Malaysia. This program develops the student’s awareness to uphold rule of law and social justice in the Shariah legal practice.
The objectives of the programme is to produce graduates who:
- Possess advanced level of comprehension, research and analytical skills in the area of Shariah judiciary and advocacy;
- Competent and proficient in the court processes, preparation of documents; oratory skills and the utilisation of ICT to create business opportunities in the profession;
- Able to lead, engage and demonstrate advanced understanding relating to problems and issues in Shariah judiciary and advocatory practice in Malaysia.
- Appreciate and have a sense of awareness to uphold the Islamic values, rule of law and social justice in Shariah judiciary and advocacy.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS (ADVANCED DIPLOMA)
- Bachelor of Shariah and Judiciary with honours or Bachelor of Fiqh and Fatwa from USIM, or
- Bachelor of Shariah from other institutions of higher learning recognized by Senate; or
- Other equivalent bachelor degree with honours from other institutions of higher learning recognized by Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a bachelor degree, with relevant professional experience recognized by USIM Senate.